6kg ABC Dry powder fire extinguisher
The 6kg ABC Dry Powder extinguisher is a multi-purpose extinguisher suitable for use on (Class A, B and C) fires involving combustible solids, flammable liquids and gases. The highly-rated extinguishant is Mono-Ammonium Phosphate, which is a fine powder that can knock down flames quickly and protect users against the radiant heat from a fire.
The down-side with powder is that it can result in intensive clean-up implications, so it might not suit large, indoor, open areas. Whilst it is safe for use on electrical fires, it should be noted that it can cause contamination of sensitive equipment / environments and corrosion of electrical components if not meticulously cleaned.
Ideal for domestic use and a variety of commercial and industrial applications,including outdoor areas and vehicles, where freezing temperatures can adversely affect liquid-based extinguishers. ABC Dry Powder however is not recommended for use in escape routes of premises due to the reduction in visibility caused by the powder, albeit temporary.
The Dry Powder unit is also the only extinguisher internationally approved for use on Class C (gas) fires, however it is recommended that the gas supply be shut off before tackling the fire to avoid the explosion and asphyxiation hazards of the gas flowing into the premises,
Manufactured in accordance with EN3, our 6kg ABC dry powder extinguisher also carries the CE mark and is independently tested to BSI (British Standards Institution).
- Pre-checked and weighed and ready for mounting
- Tough alloy steel cylinder
- Stored pressure for enhanced reliability and efficiency
- Pressure gauge for visual inspection
- Safety pin to prevent inadvertent discharge
- Supplied with wall mounting bracket or transport bracket for vehicle fitting.
- Fully refillable and serviceable
- Spare parts available
– Organic materials such as:
o Paper and cardboard
o Fabrics and textiles
o Wood and coal
– Flammable liquids, like paint and petrol
– Flammable gases, like liquid petroleum gas (LPG) and acetylene
– Fires involving electrical equipment up to 1000v
Specialist dry powder extinguishers are only used on flammable metals, such as titanium and magnesium.
Types of premises/business who may need Dry Powder extinguishers:
– Businesses using flammable gases for chemical processes
– Premises where welding and flame cutting takes place
– Garage forecourts
– Liquid petroleum gas (LPG) dispensing plants
– Premises with large, commercial boiler rooms